The holidays wouldn't be complete without Christmas baking! Traditionally, Filipinos don't do a lot of baking and our holiday cookies usually consists of the Danish kind that comes in a blue tin. So when I first tasted whipped shortbread at my mother in laws, I was hooked and addicted. I literally inhale these during the holidays. I love the melt in your mouth, buttery, decadence without being overly sweet.
Last year, I started baking them at home to start a new Christmas tradition with my daughter. My dear friend Sam came over to help and she showed me her version with the glazed cherries. I thought the cookies were delightful as is but those glazed cherries make them amazing. And I love the pop of Christmas colours that they add. These treats are are great for gifting and are super easy to make with only 5 ingredients!
Whipped Shortbread Cookies
1 cup salted butter
1 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
glazed cherries cut in half
- Combine butter, icing sugar, & vanilla in a mixing bowl.
- Whip in mixer low until consistency is smooth.
- Add flour slowly and increase speed of mixer. Let the dough mix on medium-high for 5-10 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop on ungreased baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Top with halved glazed cherry.
- Bake at 350 degree pre-heated oven for 13-15 minutes.
Makes about 20-24 cookies.
Thanks for visiting! Let me know what youbthing of this recipe in the comments!