Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Roast Chicken with Pan Gravy & Swiss Chard with Bacon


I love Sunday dinners. Why? Well, because my partner Jesse usually feels compelled to cook since he would spend most of the afternoon watching football. I'm quite proud of Jesse's cooking skills. He has come a long way! 


When I first met him, the only thing he could cook was Kraft Dinner. After subjecting him to many hours of the Food Network & introducing him to various ethnic cuisines, I'm so amazed at the stuff he comes up with in the kitchen nowadays. Like me, Jesse usually cooks without a set recipe using ingredients we have on hand. 

Tonight, he made this beautiful and delicious dish. When I asked him for the recipe so I can blog about it, this is what he initially sent me...




Lol...yeah, he can cook and he's a smart ass...I'm a lucky girl! Well, he eventually wrote up the recipe below so that I can share:)



ROAST CHICKEN WITH PAN GRAVY

Ingredients:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lemon
2 tbsp Greek seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp flour
1/2 cup water

Directions:

Pre-heat oven at 400°F.

Season the chicken breasts with the lemon zest, lemon juice, & seasoning. 

Bake in a glass baking dish for 20 minutes, covered with tin foil. 

Remove tin foil and broil on high for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from dish and let it rest on a plate, covered, while making the pan gravy. 

Combine flour and water to make slurry. Heat pan drippings on high and add slurry. Stir until thickened. 

Serve on top of sliced chicken. 

SWISS CHARD WITH BACON

Ingredients:

4 slices of thick smoked bacon, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp dry chilli flakes
8-10 leaves of Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:

Heat a medium sized pan on medium. Add bacon and sauté until crispy. 

Add onion & garlic and sauté until browned. Add chilli flakes and Swiss chard and sauté until wilted. 

Add apple cider vinegar and stir until pan is deglazed. Season with salt & pepper to taste. 

Serve with chicken and pan gravy. 

Enjoy!

Serves 4




No comments:

Post a Comment