Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Carrot Ginger Juice


Happy Sunday! Look at me posting another blog entry a day after my last one...wow! I'm surprised myself. Sundays are usually pretty lazy for me but today I have a few more house projects I need to finish so after an intense hot core yoga class, I'm having myself this perk me up Ginger Carrot Juice. 


This juice has a higher carb content than the Green Juice because carrots & apples are full of natural sugars but I should still maintain ketosis since my threshold is around 80g of carbs before it kicks me out. This has around 50 g of carbs per serving. Here's the recipe: 

CARROT GINGER JUICE

Ingredients:

5 small sticks of carrot
2 small gala apples 
1 nub of ginger (about the size of a thumbnail)

Equipment: 

Juicer - we have a Breville centrifugal juicer which works great!

Directions:

Wash all ingredients. Peel carrots and apples if non-organic. Remove the seeds from the apples. Cut into manageable pieces that will fit into the juicer.

Drop ingredients into the juicer starting with the ginger, then the carrots, then the apples. You always want to juice the juiciest ingredients last.

Pour in a glass with some ice & enjoy!

Serves 1



No comments:

Post a Comment