Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Avocado Shake


Ah, Monday! Many good intentions have started on Mondays. Today is my first day back on the ketosis wagon. I've had a very indulgent carb up weekend while celebrating my cousins' birthday. 

I woke up this morning to strong winds, snow, and dreaming of summer. The winds have died down but the snow still rages on. Now, a cold drink is not very ideal for this weather but I did just come back from hot yoga so I'm pretty warm. I've had a love-love relationship with avocado shakes since I was little when my dad use to make them for me during a hot day in the Philippines. His version had avocado, ice, & condensed milk and tasted like heaven. 

My keto friendly version has a few substitutes and an addition to make it healthier. Here's the recipe:

AVOCADO SHAKE

Ingredients:

1 medium avocado
1 cups of ice
3/4 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
1tsp of chia seeds
2 drops of liquid stevia or other low carb sweetener

Equipment:

Blender

Directions:

Cut avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out flesh from the skin.

In the blender, add ice, avocado, chia seeds, coconut milk, & sweetener. 

Blend on high until smooth. 

Serve & enjoy!

Serves 1




No comments:

Post a Comment